As punters there’s nothing quite like getting a hot tip from somebody ‘in the know’ to help make some tidy profit. But failing that, some statistical insight also goes a long way to helping discerning gamblers make the right choices.
We produced Part One of this Euro Stat Pack a fortnight ago, and it certainly helped this writer to enjoy some decent returns. So for Part Two we’ve decided to shine a light on the domestic divisions in Turkey, Greece and Scotland to see what’s occurring.
Turkey Super Lig
They may have been cut adrift slightly in the race for the title, but Galatasaray return some astonishing goal stats that punters must use to their advantage.
They have scored in 95% of matches this term, notched Over 2.5 Goals in 80% of their home matches and have witnessed both teams scoring in 75% of their games this season.
While the Turkish Super Lig is not necessarily renowned for its goal fest matches, some teams just seem to buck the trend:
- Fenerbahce have scored at least once in every game this season.
- Besiktas have scored in 94% of matches this term.
- Eskisehirspor have conceded in 95% of matches this season.
- Eskisehirspor have gone Over 1.5 Goals in 100% of their home matches.
You know what it’s like: you wait 45 minutes for a goal and then in the second half they are as frequent as buses.
Gaziantepspor are the most alarming contributors; they concede 74% of their goals in the second half. Genclerbirligi are not far behind with 14 of their 27 goals leaked in the 76-90th minute bracket.
There is further good news for Besiktas fans though; they dominate the second half of matches with a goal differential reading thirty for, seven against. And twice as many goals go in during the second half of Bursaspor matches than the first.
Greek Super League
All of the talk in Greece this season has been about Olympiakos, and when you take a quick look at their stats it’s not hard to see why:
- They are unbeaten in all 21 matches played (20 wins and a single draw).
- They have scored in every game this season, and have won 10 in 10 at home.
- 75% of their wins have come by a goal margin of two or greater.
There are some remarkable stats in the Over/Under market that look well worth bookmarking for future reference: Veria have gone Over 2.5 Goals in just 19% of matches this term, with Panionios going over in just 18% of home matches and Xanthi in 18% of away matches.
Finally, Iraklis have witnessed ‘Both Teams to Score’ in just 29% of games. Conservative.
To finish off our overview of eye-catching stats Greek-side, struggling Kalloni have taken one point from a possible 33 on the road.
And then there’s Atromitos: of their ten defeats this season, 80% have been by a margin of one goal, and all of their eight wins have been won by a margin of one goal; they are the gift to the handicaps market that continues to give.
Scottish Premier League
It may be the tightest title tussle in recent memory with Celtic and Aberdeen set to duke it out to the bitter end, but that’s not to say there aren’t plenty of interesting stats for punters to use to their advantage.
- Celtic go Over 2.5 Goals in 75% of matches, including 82% of away ties.
- Ross County’s home games average 3.62 goals, with 76% going Over 2.5.
- Inverness fans see both teams scoring in 91% of away matches.
- Partick Thistle’s away games average 1.75 goals – 42% Over 1.5, 33% Over 2.5.
- Dundee United have taken 13 points from a possible 69, conceding in 91% of matches.
The Saints Are Coming
An extra special shout out must go to St Johnstone for their goal scoring/leaking capabilities.
This term their away matches have averaged 4.00 goals each, with 83% of those going over the 2.5 mark. All in all, 78% of their games have seen both teams score; with 82% of those away from home. Take a bow lads.
We hope this information will prove useful to you in the coming weeks!